Tuesday, September 18, 2012

We are super because...

Thought I'd share our beginning of the year bulletin board with you all! 

It is titled: "Presenting the superkids..."


There were two parts to creating this board. First, my wonderful paraprofessional put together a "super themed" street scene and created blue and red capes out of butched paper. She then took a photo of each student laying across the city scene as if they were flying through the air. The kids got to select which color cape they wanted! Here are a few examples:



Then we completed the "super themed" writing piece to go along with our photos. We had a discussion about what makes us super and/or what are some super things we do or actions that we can take that superheroes do as well. Here are some examples of our work:


"I am super because I do my best work."


"I am super because I am responsible". (This may have been a day where we really hit home our PBIS expectations ;))

Here is the template if you'd like as well in English/Spanish.- Just click on it! (I tried to add the accent with a line to "súper in the Spanish" version, but I could not figure out how to create a line small enough. So I just "sharpied" it. Yes I just created a new verb.)




8 comments:

  1. This is seriously so amazing! I did a double take when scrolling down through your pictures and seeing those flying kids. Truly love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candis! I really like how it turned out, and the kids thought it was so funny!

      Delete
  2. Your bulletin board is SO stinking cute!!!! I love it!!!!!!! I bet the kids are so proud of it too! :) I'm pinning it so I'll remember it for a future bullion board! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, those pictures of the kiddos with capes are the cutest thing ever! What a fun way to start the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I'm featuring this post on Bagels and Blogs Sunday. :)

    Donna
    Math Coach’s Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! Your kids totally think you're the coolest teacher ever!

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete