Sunday, June 24, 2012

Attention: Week of Learning Straight Ahead!

I am so excited for this coming week! Beginning tomorrow, I will be kicking off the "Best Practices for Language Learners"(Guest Blogger Week) here at "The Second Grade Superkids"! I will start off the week tomorrow with a post by yours truly, and then each day for the rest of the week, there are some amazingly knowledgeable teachers who have volunteered to guest blog and share their wisdom on this topic with you. I think this is going to be such a great week of learning for not only dual language and bilingual teachers, but also monolingual classroom teachers who have ELLs in your rooms (which now days is almost all of us). 


I leave you with one of my favorite poems related to our bilingual leaners. 

"Me x 2"
By: Jane Medina
I read times two

I write times two

I think, I dream
I cry times two.
I laugh times two

I shout times two

I sing, I ask,
I try times two
I do twice as much 

As most people do,

‘Cause most speak one,
But I speak two!

Isn't this beautiful? 

Stay tuned for a week of best practices related to how to teach these students who "speak two" (or sometimes even more!)

1 comment:

  1. Emily - bilingual teacherJune 25, 2012 at 3:34 PM

    I absolutely love that poem! I can't wait to hang that in my classroom this year!

    I look forward to your best practice posts this week!

    ReplyDelete