Thursday, May 24, 2012

Spanish Spelling Review

I was trying to think of something fun we could do during our Spanish spelling block to review all that we have learned this year. I also wanted my students to be able to create something meaningful that they could leave with that would serve as a resource/reminder of our learning.

Thus, I thought why not create a spelling reference book. We have spelling notebooks in my classroom in which my students write down the patterns we study throughout the year, complete activities, etc. But I wanted to create something that would bring it all together nicely- and look a little neater.



Here she is! We spent all week on this baby, and are finishing it up tomorrow. Each day we start with a brief mini-lesson/review of the letter pattern as well as define it on our activity sheet. Then, for most of the activity pages, I sent my students out to read the room to find the patterns in all of the anchor charts, etc. we have created this year. Anything in the room was fair game- except the word wall (as that was too easy!).

We have been having a lot of fun, and the kids are excited to be able to keep their books at the end of the week. If you are interested, I am currently selling the packet in my TpT store. Click here to check it out.

Stay tuned for the English version next week friends :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Krista! First of all, I want to say that I absolutely adore your blog and I often come here to find inspiration to apply to by third grade dual language immersion class. I just a quick question for you: How you you decide which spelling patterns to teach each week in English and Spanish? Is it based on a spelling curriculum like Words Their Way? Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete