Friday, February 24, 2012

Simple Friday Fun

I stayed after school for a bit today to prep my classroom for this upcoming month of March. I must say that it is one of my favorite month's of the year, namely because it is Dr. Seuss' birthday, but also because I enjoy doing the little Irish jig I attempt to teach my student's each year on St. Patty's (more to come later ;)).

Here was my decorating highlight if I do say so myself:


(Yes, this is a giant sock monkey completely decked out for the upcoming occasions!)

I also wanted to share these amazing little hats I found at the Dollar Tree the other day, while I am on my March celebration kick. A pack of 5 for $1. Perfect to set out on their tables for when the arrive in the morning on St. Patty's!


Finally, I wanted to stick in one more plug for my linky party! I am beginning to think you guys don't celebrate birthdays ;). Click on the cake and it will take you to the original post if you would still like to link up!

TGIF!








9 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Sydney, an administrator at Teaching Blog Addict. I just wanted to say welcome and we're so glad you're here in the blogging community with us. :)
    Lessons Learned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sydney for the words of encouragement! So excited to set off on the blogging journey!

      Delete
  2. The hats are so cute! My husband always drives me AWAY from the dollar store around the holidays.

    I'm your newest follower and would love it if you'd click over to my blog and do the same.
    Christi =)
    Ms. Fultz's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know- when things are only a dollar it is hard to resist! I will most definately hop on over to your blog as well! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. Thanks Lisa! The kids love him! Can't wait to check out your blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those little hats! I'll have to check our DT! Welcome to blogland. I'm your newest follower. Come by when you get a chance!

    Chatterbox Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca- Thanks for the comment! Looking forward to hoppin on over to your blog as well!

      Delete