Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love is in the air...

Alright so I have a lot to squeeze in today- a few photos and freebies from the classroom, spreading the love with an AWARD for some fellow bloggers, and a little linky party action. So here goes...

First, I just have to show you all my favorite Valentine's Day shirt (as I feel that I can only bust it out one day a year).


Cute right? 

This afternoon was jam packed with festivities. I must say after 100th Day on Friday and Valentine's today...I am ready for a few normal days! This afternoon we wrote friendly Valentine's letters to our friends or members of our family. I found Spanish conversation hearts (Brachs) at Target! Thus, we used them in the place of a few written words here and there in our letters. Here are a few examples as well as the freebie (I apologize it's only in Spanish this time- but at least you can get the idea :)).




Click here to download the "Love Bug Note". 



Now for the AWARD! Ms.T at Second Grade Math Maniac has awarded me with the Liebster Blog Award! (Which I want to thank her for again! I am oober grateful and excited!) This is an award given to up and coming blogs with 200 followers or less of whom one believes deserves some (love) and recognition. Thus, in the spirit of spreading the love, I would like to present this award to the following enlightening blogs:



1. Candis @ iteachduallanguage
2. Jessica @ Glitzy in First Grade

I have already gotten some great ideas from these fine ladies and their wonderful blogs, so please hop on over and check them out :)


FINALLY- Ms. B over at Buzzing with Ms. B is having a fun-filled, Valentine's Inspired Linky Party entitled......


Because I think my hunny is quite stellar if I do say so myself- I just had to participate. 

So how did we meet? The story actually isn't that exciting. We met through friends. We just kind of kept running into one another and the rest is history! I always tell him that he won me over with his dorkish charm. He didn't ever use a pick up line....just shared random trivia facts (I swear he could win Jeopardy if he ever tried) and showed me what a smart and wonderful man he was and I was sold. 

Here is a picture of the two of us!


Felíz Día de San Valentín
(Happy Valentine's Day)





5 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks so much! I love having you visit and comment on iteachduallanguage.blogspot.com. Your second grade ideas are awesome and I am excited to point more teachers your direction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww dorkish charm is the best kind of charm. Dorks are usually keepers! Thanks for linking up and sharing your story!

    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG....This is the CUTEST Blog Krista:) I LOVE it!!!! Great ideas and I loved this post!!! Thanks for visiting 1st GRADE ROCKS!!! !!!
    I'm your newest follower:)
    Sheri
    1st GRADE ROCKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower - found you over at the linky party!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! Gotta love a good linky party! Can't wait to check out your blog as well :)

      Delete